Well I have to confess that I did something I'd never done before and that is go to the rally of a political speaker. More to the point going to hear Barak Obama speak. The Van Andel was comfortably full. At about 5:45 they must have closed the doors because we didn't see that many more people trickle in. Also about that time Dad called Lisa saying that John Edwards had just landed and was going to endorse Obama. It started about 6:30. I've got to say Obama is a good motivational speaker. He's really motivated the young adults of this country to actually get out and vote. Topics of interest for the night:
Cutting Poverty in half if he were in office Question how??
Troops coming home in 2009 -- ideally maybe reality not likely. Perhaps starting to bring them home by the end of 2009, but complete removal???? It all depends on what the situation is.
Universal health care -- not so bad an idea.
Jobs no tax breaks for companies who move to Mexico.
--NAFTA was a bad idea in the first place
A lot of good ideas, but no thought as to how he'd implement them. Part of my concern with Obama is that he's an inexperienced, but that could be a good thing, as Lisa pointed out, because he's not corrupt.
All in all it was an enlightening evening.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment